Did you just experience a Wind Storm? Wind Damaged Roofs are very common across the United States. Often leading to damage to Shingles and other Roofing Materials. Wind Storms in Danville Virginia occur mostly during the summertime however we have experienced many during the winter as well. Wind is very erratic and can tear or rip off shingles completely.
We are Wind Damaged Experts
Wind damage to roofs is a common issue in areas prone to high winds, such as coastal regions, tornado-prone areas, and places with frequent severe storms. Some signs of wind damage to roofs include missing or loose shingles, cracks, tears or holes in the roofing material, dents or punctures, and damage to flashing, gutters, or downspouts.
Wind damage to roofs – Inspection
If you suspect that your roof has sustained wind damage, it’s important to take action as soon as possible to prevent further damage and ensure your safety. Here are some steps to take:
- Conduct a visual inspection: Look for any signs of damage, such as missing or loose shingles, and assess the severity of the damage.
- Call a professional: If you’re unsure about the extent of the damage, or if you’re not comfortable climbing onto the roof, call a professional roofer to conduct a thorough inspection.
- Make temporary repairs: If there are any holes or gaps in the roof, cover them with a tarp or other waterproof material to prevent water from getting inside.
- Document the damage: Take photos and video of the damage for insurance purposes.
- Contact your insurance company: Call your insurance company to report the damage and start the claims process.
- Schedule repairs: Once you’ve assessed the damage and worked with your insurance company, schedule repairs as soon as possible to prevent further damage to your roof and home.
Beware of Contractors / Storm Chasers on Wind Damaged Roofs
Contractors that are storm chasers verify their Licensing in the State that you live in. Verify their reputability and make sure that they are vetted. DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Also, beware of contractors that manufacture “Wind Damaged Roofs”.
This is 100% Insurance Fraud and they can be brought up on felony charges. You as the homeowner are responsible for your Deductible (the amount you agreed with your underwriting insurance company to be personally responsible for during a claim). You must pay your Contractor the deductible as required by law.
Insurance Assistance – Shelter Construction Services is here to help with Wind Damaged Roofs.
Insurance claims are fluid for wind damage to roof insurance coverage. They are not always set in stone because there are many variables involved in Wind Damaged Roofs. You need an educated Contractor who has experience writing Insurance Scopes of Work.
This protects you from not getting the right adjustment payout for materials and labor owed on the job that could have been missed during the original Adjustment. (This recently happened where over $4,000 in Materials & Labor was missed by the adjuster). It behooves you as the homeowner to take the time to compare apples to apples to make sure that you do not experience a lemon flavor during your roof claim.
What are the damages caused by wind?
- Wind Damage Roofs are measured with a Test Square of 10 feet x 10 feet (100 Square Feet) or 1 Square. There must be significant damaged shingles/materials in this area to warrant a claim. Always call us first to verify if you have sustained enough substantial damages.
- Singles torn off by wind exposes the nails and the underlayment. This could lead to internal leaks in the home or business.
Areas impacted by Wind
In our region typically include Gretna Virginia, Danville Virginia, Chatham Virginia, Reidsville North Carolina, South Boston Virginia, Yanceyville North Carolina, Clarksville Virginia, Martinsville Virginia and the Northern Piedmont and foothills. Wind Damage Contractors like Shelter Construction Services are educated in how to handle these types of claims. Our Consultants will help you by writing the proper proposal to help you with your claim.
Things to Remember:
- Discovery – What Storm Date lead to the wind claim.
- How much Damage did you sustain?
- Age of the Existing Roof
- Know what your Policy says and what it does or does not cover. We always advise that you should re-evaluate your Homeowners Policy each year to make sure you are not missing coverages.
- It is always wise to make sure that you have Building Code Upgrades on your Policies.
Shelter Construction Services a Virginia Class A Roofing Contractor serving the Danville Virginia and surrounding region. Call us today for a free evaluation. (434) 724-8160
Wind damage to roofs are our specialty. When you need a Wind Damaged Roofs contractor call and request an in person consultation.
Table of Contents
Our value feedback from our Clients. We are always striving to deliver excellence in Customer Service. Please read our reviews, vet us, and give us a call for a personal consultation: (434) 724-8160 we look forward to discussing how we can provide solutions to meet your needs. Shelter Construction Services – Roofing Specialist serving clients with wind damaged roofs in South Central Virginia and Northern North Carolina. We offer industry leading Warranties for all of our Roof Systems.