Custom Metal Roofing for a One-of-a-Kind Look
Shelter Construction Services offers customized metal roof applications. We provide full service fabrication and specialize in a snap lock and standing seam metal roofing for residential properties.
Benefits of Metal Roofing
Durable – Our sheet metal is custom-fabricated for each application, to ensure your roof is built to withstand the elements specific to where you live. Sheet metal is resistant to chemicals, high temperatures and other harsh weather conditions that can impact a roof.
Customizable– Customized sheet metal will fit your roof’s form seamlessly, including its specific architectural style and size. Metal also provides compatibility with existing hardware, features and other components of your roof.
Cost-Effective– A metal roofs can last anywhere from 30 to 50 years longer than a standard shingle roof and will require much less maintenance over time. If installed properly, you should only have to replace the roof only once in your lifetime.
Eco-Friendly–As one of the most environmentally-friendly and sustainable roofing materials available, metal roofing contains anywhere from 30-60% recycled material and is 100% recyclable.
We’re Roof Replacement Experts
Shelter Construction Services is proud to provide durable, long-lasting solutions for residential roofing systems. When it comes time for a roof replacement, we’ll help you find the right material and specialized treatment options for your home. In addition to our superior custom metal roofing work, we also specialize in slate roofing, asphalt shingles and more. We provide solutions to meet your needs. Financing is available please inquire when you contact us. We look forward to serving your needs in the near future!
Learn More About Our Custom Metal Roofing Process
If you think metal roofing is the right solution for your home, contact the application experts at Shelter Construction Services. We’ll provide you with a free roof estimate and walk you through all of our roofing options. Give us a call at (434) 724-8160 or fill out our online form.
Pros of Metal Roofing
Custom bilt metal roofing has become an increasingly popular option for both residential and commercial buildings due to its many benefits, some of which include:
- Durability: Metal roofs are extremely durable and can withstand extreme weather conditions like heavy rain, snow, hail, and strong winds. They are also resistant to fire and insects.
- Longevity: Metal roofs can last for up to 50 years or more, which is much longer than traditional asphalt shingles.
- Energy efficiency: Custom Metal roofing can reflect sunlight and heat, which can help reduce cooling costs in warmer climates.
- Environmentally friendly: Many metal roofs are made from recycled materials and can be recycled again at the end of their lifespan, making them a more sustainable choice compared to traditional roofing materials.
- Aesthetics: Metal roofs come in a variety of colors and styles, which can add to the curb appeal of a building.
- Low maintenance: Metal roofs require very little maintenance and can be easily cleaned with water and a mild detergent.
- Increased home value: A Custom metal roofing can increase the resale value of a home or building, which can be attractive to potential buyers.
Overall, metal roofing is a cost-effective and sustainable option for anyone looking to replace or upgrade their current roof.
Custom Metal Roofing Cons
While metal roofing has many benefits, there are also some potential drawbacks to consider, including:
- Cost: Metal roofing is generally more expensive than traditional asphalt shingles. However, its longer lifespan and energy efficiency may make it a more cost-effective choice in the long run.
- Noise: Rain and other weather events can create a louder noise on metal roofs compared to other roofing materials. However, this can be mitigated by adding insulation or using a noise-dampening underlayment.
- Expansion and contraction: Metal roofs can expand and contract with temperature changes, which can cause fasteners to loosen and create gaps where moisture can enter. Proper installation techniques can help prevent this.
- Scratches and dents: While metal roofs are durable, they can be scratched or dented by falling branches or hail. However, many metal roofs are made with a protective coating that can help prevent damage.
- Slipperiness: Metal roofs can be slippery when wet, which can be a safety hazard. Proper installation of a non-slip surface or using caution when walking on the roof can help prevent accidents.
Overall, while metal roofing has some potential drawbacks, many of these can be mitigated by proper installation and maintenance. It’s important to weigh both the pros and cons and consult with a roofing professional to determine if metal roofing is the right choice for your particular situation.